OpSource Disaster Recovery
OpSource offers a fully-managed Disaster Recovery option that provides a path to recovery in the event of a natural or man-made disaster affecting the primary data center. OpSource offers two different disaster recovery options:
- “Cold” Disaster Recovery: This option utilizes offline servers prepositioned at a geographically dispersed data center that can be activated in case of a disaster.
- “Warm” Disaster Recovery: This option uses servers located in geographically dispersed offsite data centers that are actively supporting either staging or production purposes, but are transitioned to a production role in case of a disaster.
With either option, OpSource offers Service Level Agreements that commit to a 48 hour Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and 24 hour Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
The OpSource Disaster Recovery Service includes the following features and benefits:
- Offsite data backup option: To ensure that data is available even after a disaster, OpSource offers a disk-to-disk off-site option. OpSource encrypts the data, then transfers it to a secure remote storage facility. With the data stored off-site, customers can rest assured that even a local disaster will not have global ramifications.
- On-going simulated testing: No matter how well a Disaster Recovery product is designed and implemented initially, things change and that's why the OpSource Disaster Recovery Service includes ongoing simulated testing with published results which are documented and delivered directly to the customer.
- 24x7 DR Standby Servers: OpSource has offline servers at a geographically dispersed data center ready to be spun up as soon as the customer declares a disaster.
- Flexible Recovery Options: Should a disaster occur, OpSource ensures a smooth transition to the new DR environment by working closely with the customer over the next 30 days to determine the best solution going forward. Options include moving production back to the original environment or transitioning the new DR environment in to the primary going forward (removing the need to transition a second time back to the original data center and keeping the customer removed from the aftermath of a widespread disaster).
- Robust Service Level Agreements: DR planning requires guarantees and concrete objectives and OpSource delivers that as part of the standard DR offering. The OpSource Disaster Recovery Solution includes Service Level Agreements around multiple objectives, such as a 48 hour RTO (Recovery Time Objective - the amount of time after a disaster to bring the application back up and running) as well as a 24 hour RPO (Recovery Point Objective - the data that can be recovered as measured back in time prior to the disaster).
Learn more about OpSource Managed Hosting
- World-Class Data Centers
- Secure Networking
- Dedicated and Virtual Servers
- Compliant Systems
- High Security
- Enterprise-Class SLAs
- Managed Storage
OpSource goes beyond traditional hosting by managing your applications.