NEW YORK, Jan. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Dimension Data, the $5.8 billion global specialist IT solutions and services provider, today unveiled an enhanced, proactive version of its Uptime Maintenance and Support Services that will help its more than 6,000 clients worldwide maximize the availability of their IT estate while optimizing total IT support spend. Dimension Data is the first system integrator that offers this range of proactive support services across multiple vendor technologies on a global scale.
"Our clients are looking for three outcomes from their IT support contracts - cost reduction, service level gains and access to better information," said Rob Lopez , managing director for group services at Dimension Data. "Simply put, they're demanding more value at less cost, and they will switch providers quickly if they see an opportunity to obtain this. With proactive Uptime services, we're delivering on what our clients want.
Ian Ranscombe , Senior Director Corporate Technical Services at kgb said, "Dimension Data's expertise and service driven approach fits the dynamic of the kgb business and the way we work. Their Uptime service is a vital component to the ongoing success of our enterprise estate operations, bringing multiple tiers of support matched exactly to our specific requirements, plus their skilled technicians are trained to identify and resolve issues every day for thousands of global clients. This depth of flexible support capability and their breadth of technical expertise means our targets for fast resolution, less downtime and enhanced client support is consistently achieved."
Adds Lopez: "Uptime already offered a number of compelling benefits for clients such as kgb, like our ability to offer in-country expertise across multiple vendor technologies and a wide range of service levels with guaranteed delivery timeframes and 24x7 access to service centers in every region we operate."
The new release of Uptime includes a series of proactive tools and automation, underpinned by a new IT service management platform and even broader multi-technology/multi-vendor capabilities. These enhancements and their benefits include:
- Uptime monitoring − Gives Dimension Data engineers instantaneous access to clients' service- affecting incidents so they can begin to work on, and achieve, resolution faster.
- Asset tracking capabilities − Ensures clients maintain an accurate installed asset database so they are assured of the right support coverage.
- Standardized API for service desk integration − Incorporates the IT service management systems of Dimension Data with those of its clients so that both entities can communicate more quickly and accurately with each other, which in turn, leads to faster diagnoses and resolution times.
- Mobile service center application − Allows clients to keep tabs on incidents from their smartphone or tablet.
- IT support assessment − Ensures clients' IT support contracts provide the right level of coverage on devices.
About Dimension Data
Founded in 1983, Dimension Data plc is an ICT services and solutions provider that uses its technology expertise, global service delivery capability, and entrepreneurial spirit to accelerate the business ambitions of its clients. Dimension Data is a member of the NTT Group. Visit us at www.dimensiondata.com/na and www.facebook.com/DimensionDataAmericas or follow us on Twitter: @DimensionDataAM.